- April 6, 2021
- Posted by: Aanchal Iyer
- Category: Artificial Intelligence
Our brains are gradually getting rewired to process information differently as we get more dependent on technology. Several applications that are aimed towards consumers have led to the mass implementation of a predictive and advanced technology. These new technologies will soon overturn the old model of receiving, creating, and distributing content.
Impact on Content Marketing Field
So, the big question is, “what does all this mean for content marketers?”
Well, clearly, content marketers will have to create huge volumes of content to adapt to the new status quo. To efficiently create content that works, Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools, such as Natural Language Processing (NLP), generation algorithms, and predictive analytics can be used.
The human talent-AI interface can bring in various changes within organizations, specifically when it comes to how content is used to achieve business objectives. A few of those changes include:
1. Reduction of production expenses: AI can help with making high quality content more accessible to businesses.
2. Microtargeting: AI can be used to identify basic variables, such as the gender of people used as examples in articles and help you connect directly with readers which in turn gains more traffic for the Website.
3. Conduct vital research: The importance of social media in your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy cannot be overlooked. AI-powered tools can help power your keyword, social media, and content marketing research.
4. Track the outcome: AI helps marketers to understand the ever-evolving content marketing industry by enabling them to thoroughly comprehend the user intent and by analyzing user data efficiently.
Is AI a Threat to Traditional Content Marketing?
The answer is no.
AI improves content marketing roles significantly by using machines to perform time-consuming activities, such as data analysis, content personalization, and keyword research.
Content marketers should be encouraged to use AI for improving data and increasing the amount of work they can manage regularly; they should focus more on enhancing and improving content strategies, instead of creating everything from scratch.
While AI can process huge volumes of data quickly, humans are essential to create the content. We have not reached a point where computers can write on their own on a blank sheet of paper. Technology can only collate data and present appropriately. Writers still have to analyze the reports and add their own insights to the piece.
Advantages of AI in Content Marketing
By using AI in content marketing one can make content marketing efforts more productive, predictive, personalized, and performance-driven.
• Generate content automatically: Using machines to automatically create content has been a common practice for years, and companies such as The Associated Press and Fox follow this trend.
• Promote user interaction through chatbots: Chatbots are AI-powered computer programs meant to initiate conversations with a user. Examples of such chatbots are Facebook messenger or the Uber chatbot.
• Engaging visitors with custom news: News feeds for users can be customized in a manner that only posts that capture users’ interest is shown to them. This process involves analyzing various variables which is not possible without AI.
• Benefits of predictive intelligence: Predictive intelligence increases the business competence. You can utilize it to understand customer needs and also to improvize your overall SEO.
When it comes to AI, there is no one size fits all approach. A smart and comprehensive content marketing plan that features a clear framework for creating and implementing a winning strategy is what is required.